Without the sun's energy, life as we know it could not exist on this planet. Life on earth depends on the light and energy of the sun. LOVE PROJECT shows that everything is energy. Energy that pushes water up inside the tree trunk to nourish the leaves. Energy that enables the slime mold - a single-celled amoeba organism - to think, make decisions, and form a social body with other slime molds. The way dancers and choreographers work with their bodies is political. In LOVE PROJECT we are working for a restoration of the balance between the five elements - a balance that is necessary for our survival on this planet.
WATCH a short documentation by Claudio von Planta: Link
- Concept / choreography / dance → Maria Zimpel
- Dance / co-choreography → Yasutake Shimaji
- Cinematography & editing → Claudio von Planta
- Music → mooryc
- Stage design → Dorota Kabała|We design for physical culture
- Light design → Joanna Lešnierowska
- Dramaturgy → Niklaus Bein
- Costume → Ko_Ruho
- Programming → Xenia von Planta
- Production manager → Sina Rundel
- Light realisation → Lars Rubarth
- Video mapping → Francis Eggert
- Stage manager → Marian Regdosz
- Artistic assistance at the stage set → Sina Brüggemann
- Graphics → Anna Nowokuñska
- Special thanks to: Uta Engel, Jan Rybkowski, Jadwiga Zimpel, STUDIO Hammerdeich
- Curator → Melanie Zimmermann
LOVE PROJECT Maria Zimpel production in cooperation with KAMPNAGEL Theatre Hamburg and Art Stations Foundation CH by Grażyna Kulczyk / MUZEUM SUSCH
Funded by the Free and Hanseatic City of HAMBURG, Department of Culture and Media.
Supported by the NATIONAL PERFORMANCE NETWORK Coproduction Funding Dance, funded by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media.
- Premiered at Kampnagel Theatre Hamburg 25.05.2023